Campbell Ewald | Senior Art Director / December ’16—Present | Content Art Director / February ’14—December ’16
- Manage Chevrolet New Roads digital content on the Chevrolet web site. Repurpose and redesign print stories; art direct and conceptualize video and motion elements for the digital space.
- Design layouts, conceptualize and art direct photoshoots for Cadillac Magazine and Chevrolet New Roads.
- Concept and execute social posts, as well as art direct photoshoots and video animations for OnStar and CarFax organic posts across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Use Adobe DPS and UI/UX design principles to create and program layouts for the mobile, iPad and Android editions of Cadillac Magazine.
The Awesome Mitten | Freelance Designer / July ’12—January ’18
- Design homepage graphics and web ads to promote features and contests
MSU Athletic Communications | Freelance Designer / Aug. ’13—Aug. ’15
- Create post-game infographics recaping Michigan State football games that are then posted across the athletic department’s social media networks.
- Conceptualize and design teaser graphics and Facebook cover photos
for upcoming Spartan football and basketball matchups.
Automobile Magazine | Graphic Designer / Nov. ’12—February ’14
- Design feature stories, monthly sections and other additional pages for the print edition of Automobile Magazine.
- Convert and redesign print pages into iPad ready slides using Adobe InDesign and Woodwing extensions.
- Communicate with photographers, illustrators and public relation representatives to curate photos for the magazine and iPad.
Louisville Gannett Design Studio | Designer / Dec. ’11—Nov. ’12
- Design and layout a variety of newspaper pages for publications such as the Cincinnati Enquirer and Lansing State Journal.
- Create special section logos, banners and flags in addition to designing special section covers for the Kentucky Derby and Indy 500.
- Work under daily deadline pressure and within a creative, design driven work environment.
Michigan Hockey Magazine | Freelance Graphic Designer / Sept. ’11—Nov. ’11
- Graphic designer, copy editor and webmaster for Michigan Hockey Magazine, a publication that reaches an audience of 45,000 readers.
- Responsible for rebranding and redesign of the publication, Michigan Hockey logo and its website.
- Manage and maintain mihockeynow.com, post stories, create graphics, handle online contest forms and organize ad placement.
- Ability to visually communicate stories through still and motion graphics, photography, typography and editorial layout.
- Research, plan and concept story ideas; work with photographers, editors and videographers to execute social posts as well as print and web features.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, and WordPress.
- Dabbler of letterpress and screenprinting techniques for posters, invites and print materials.
Michigan State University (May 2011)
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Design Specialization
- Minor in Spanish
- Honors College
- 3.98 GPA
- 2017 Gold Pearl Award: Best Mobile/ Tablet, Cadillac Magazine
- Outstanding Senior Award (School of Journalism)
- Outstanding Senior Award (MSU)
- Mary Adelaide Gardner Scholarship